Our trained technicians can help you ensure that your car seat is properly installed. Car seat fittings are by appointment only. Call (256) 265-7296 to schedule an appointment or for additional information on car seat safety and to schedule educational presentations.
Participants will receive education on child passenger safety. The service is free, however donations are appreciated.
Location of Car Seat Fitting Station:
Professional Tower parking garage, lower level
420 Lowell Drive, Huntsville, AL 35801
Safe Kids Huntsville, a local coalition of Safe Kids Worldwide, is a non-profit organization that seeks to reduce unintentional injuries to children ages 14 and younger. Safe Kids Huntsville serves all of north Alabama. Huntsville Hospital has been the lead agency for Safe Kids Huntsville since 1997.
Safe Kids accomplishes its mission through community involvement − providing public education programs that highlight safety measures necessary to keep children safe, healthy and out of the emergency room. Safe Kids Huntsville periodically sponsors community safety fairs and buckle-up events, where car seats are inspected and installed.
Targeted unintentional injuries include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Pedestrian injuries
- Bike accidents
- Near drownings
- Gun injuries
Safe Kids representatives:
- Teach families about child injury risks and prevention
- Conduct research on leading injury risks
- Work to pass and improve child safety laws
- Provide lifesaving devices to families who need them
- Promote corporate leadership through effective, sustainable partnerships
- Educate families about child passenger safety with resource material & hands-on instruction