Our team is committed to early identification and treatment of hearing loss in our community. Our program builds on the foundation set by the Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children two-stage hearing screening program and follows the guidelines established by the Joint Committee on Infant Hearing (JCIH).
For more information, please call (256) 265-7952.
- Inpatient and outpatient hearing evaluations
- Frequency-specific Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) testing with or without sedation
- Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE)
- Tympanometry, including parameters appropriate for both infants and children
- Acoustic Reflex Threshold testing
- Ototoxic monitoring
- Cochlear implant programming and post-operative management
- Evaluation and monitoring of children using hearing aids
- Family counseling regarding hearing loss and resources
- Auditory-Verbal Therapy Services
View an article on newborn hearing screening published in Healthy Children by Tiffani Hill-Patterson.