Best Beginning Medicaid Maternity Care Class
These classes are provided for Medicaid maternity care clients.
This FREE six-week childbirth and parenting class is designed to help parents prepare for the baby's arrival. Each class lasts approximately two hours.
- Breathing and relaxation exercises
- Routine birthing practices, such as electronic fetal monitoring
- When to call the doctor
- Infant CPR
- How to feed, diaper and bathe your baby
- Growth and development stages
- How to create a safe sleep environment to help prevent Sudden Unexpected Infant Death Syndrome (SUIDS)
- Child safety including home safety and car seat safety
We recommend this class be completed at least one month before your due date.