Arts in Medicine
The Arts in Medicine program gives patients, families and staff an opportunity to engage with the arts. The program integrates literary, performing and visual arts into fun, family-centered activities to help children and adults cope with their medical condition and hospital stay.
Some of our programs include:
- The Visual Arts: Painting, arts and crafts, jewelry making
- The Literary Arts: Creative writing, personal journaling, poetry, story time
- The Performing Arts: Music, dance
- Design: Murals, patient art gallery, and other rotating art exhibits in select locations throughout the hospital
How art benefits our patients
- Increases patient and family satisfaction
- Enhances wellbeing
- Increases sense of control
- Enhances positive self-concept
- Increases patient’s ability to cope with hospitalization
- Provides an opportunity to experience joy in a health care environment
- Increases employee satisfaction
- Enhances the hospital environment
This program was made possible thanks to the generous donations from the Huntsville Hospital Foundation.
Proud member of The National Organization for Arts in Health.
Call for Artists
To promote well-being through engagement with the arts.
To transform the health care experience by integrating the arts to enhance well-being for patients, families, and staff.