The Caring House
What happens at The Caring House?
At The Caring House, we provide many outlets for children to express and process their grief, including:
- Physical and creative play
- At The Caring House Art expression
- Sharing and listening
- Expressing feelings
- Learning about the grieving process
Who pays for these services?
The Caring House is a not-for-profit organization and the services are free of charge. We are dependent on Huntsville Hospital Foundation support, corporate and community contributions, as well as donations from churches and families who have benefited from our services. All residents of Madison County are eligible for our services, regardless of whether their loved one was served by our hospice agency. If you would like to make a contribution to The Caring House, please call our office at (256) 265-HOPE (4673). All gifts to The Caring House are tax deductible and very much appreciated.
For more information
How do I get these services?
To request a telephone consultation for The Caring House program, please call (256) 265-HOPE (4673). After a brief telephone interview, we will arrange a tour and orientation visit where dates and times for participation in the program will be determined.
- Seminars and professional training for recognizing the signs of grief in children
- Educational resource center
- Tours of The Caring House
- On-site support for grief in the workplace
- Age appropriate peer support groups
- Crisis and school intervention
The Caring House is a member of the National Alliance for Children's Grief.